PostFinance prepaid card
The PostFinance MasterCard Value is perfect for
- Anyone who wants to have good control of their costs at all times
- Everyone looking for an alternative to their present credit card
- Young people aged 12 and older who want to learn how to handle cash-free payments without any risk
Choose between two different card designs with the PostFinance MasterCard Value:
With the unlimited cash bonus programme for the PostFinance credit and prepaid cards you can benefit from double the usual turnover reimbursement of 0.5% in the first year, earning you 1%. The payment is made into your private account semi-annually, in July and December.
Debits not included in the refund include: Cash withdrawals, fees and interest.
- The secure online access via e-finance provides control of your spendings at all times:
- Calling your card balance
- Verification of the last purchases, payments and cash withdrawals
- Calling the last two transaction overviews
- Calling the incurred bonus amount to the last settlement
- Charging your card
Requirement for the online access are a private account and associated e-finance contract in the card holder's name.
You may call your available balance or the last transactions on your credit or prepaid card by mobile phone.
For more information on the text message card service and the link for registration, see here:
|Charging||Free in e-finance or by inpayment slip|
|Limit||Max. charging limit CHF 5,000|
|Personal identification number (PIN)||The card is protected by a freely selectable PIN if lost.|
|Card locking service in case of loss|
|In Switzerland: Phone 0848 888 430 (CHF 0.08/min. from a landline)|
From abroad: Phone +41 44 828 32 81
|Card replacement||As soon as possible, usually within two working days|
|3-D Secure (online shopping)||For more information on 3-D Secure and a link for registration, see here: 3-D SecureLink to external content|
The annual price is debited directly from the customers' card balance.
|Monthly cash withdrawal limits||CHF 1,000/day at the ATM|
max. charged credit
|Cash withdrawal at the ATM in CHF||3.5% (at least CHF 10)|
|Cash withdrawal at the ATM in foreign currency|
3.5% (at least CHF 10) and
|Monthly spending limit||None, the entire card credit is available|
|Purchases in foreign currency|| 0.9% processing surcharge|
(exchange rate UBS currency sales rate)
|Replacement card||CHF 20|
|Liability in case of loss/theft||No liability|
If you no longer wish to have your previous credit or prepaid card, you may terminate it here as follows:
- Complete the following form
- Send the signed form the corresponding credit card issuer
- Young customers with a youth account will get a 50% discount for the annual price of the PostFinance MasterCard Value
- Students and young customers in training, 18 years and older, receive the PostFinance MasterCard Value free of charge