Having children is priceless, as you know, yet very few people know how much children actually cost. Or at least not exactly how much, right? To find out, we have gone out and asked people on the street to estimate the costs, and to tell us whether they know how much a child costs during pregnancy alone and during the very first month in their young lives.
To make sure you never underestimate these expenses for your child, it is a good idea to start working on a household budget early on.
This is the easiest way to budget the following costs. For your first child, you should be budgeting at least these costs each month while your baby is in its infancy:
- Food such as baby food, teas, milk supplements: CHF 60 to CHF 150
- Nappies and baby care products: CHF 50 to CHF 100
- Baby clothes: approx. CHF 50
- Other household costs such as detergents: approx. CHF 40
- Health and accident insurance: CHF 80
- Other healthcare expenses: CHF 20