You transfer the chosen amount from your private account:
- Via e-finance or
- In writing with a payment or standing order and Giro international form
Alternatively you can pay the amount in at a post office:
- With your PostFinance Card
- In cash
- Giro international SEPA: within a maximum of one bank working day as of the debit date
- Giro international: within two to four working days
- Giro international urgent: generally on the same day, best possible execution. Some recipient banks may not credit the amount immediately. This is beyond PostFinance’s control.
Telephone +41(0)58 667 97 67, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (CHF 0.08/min. from a landline)
Please note that certain recipient banks can charge their customers a fee for credits received via SEPA and for worldwide payments (irrespective of the charging option). This is beyond PostFinance's control.
With Giro international (SEPA) third-party fee payment is not possible as deductions from the transfer amount are not authorized.
- Charges paid by the shared cost
All third-party fees are charged to the beneficiary. The beneficiary does not receive the full transfer amount.
- Charges paid by the client/our cost
All third-party fees for transferring money to the recipient bank are payable by the client as part of a flat fee of CHF 20 (+ basic price). The recipient bank is credited with the full amount.
You decide in which currency the amount should be credited abroad. Standard procedure is for the amount to be converted into the currency of the recipient country. Crediting the amount in CHF (payment currency CHF) is only worthwhile if the account of the end beneficiary abroad is a CHF account.
The IBAN (International Bank Account Number) and BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be used for all cross-border SEPA payments.
- Manage your accounts conveniently over the Internet. Our e-finance service is secure and easy to use
- Making international payments is more cost-efficient with e-finance