You transfer the chosen amount from your private account or savings account:
- by payment or standing order and Giro international form or
- via e-finance
Alternatively you can pay the amount in at a post office:
- with your PostFinance card
- in cash
The amount is credited with
- Giro international: generally within 2-4 working days
- Giro international (SEPA): within a maximum of one bank working day as of the debit date
|Beneficiary||No extra costs for the sender|
|Client (ourcost)||CHF 20 (+ basic price)|
All third-party fees are charged to the beneficiary.
All third-party fees for transferring money to the recipient bank are payable by the client as part of a flat fee. The recipient bank is credited with the full amount.
You decide in which currency the amount should be credited abroad. Standard procedure is for the amount to be converted into the currency of the recipient country. Crediting the amount in CHF (payment currency CHF) only worthwhile if the account of the end beneficiary abroad is a CHF account.
With Giro international (SEPA) third-party fee payment is not possible as deductions from the transfer amount are not authorized.
Please note that certain recipient banks can charge their customers a fee for credits received via SEPA and for worldwide payments (irrespective of the charging option). This is beyond the control of PostFinance.
The IBAN (International Bank Account Number) and BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be used for all cross-border payments in the EU. This decision also applies to payments between Switzerland and the EU.
- Manage your accounts conveniently over the Internet. Our e-finance service is secure and easy to use
- Making international payments is more cost-efficient with e-finance
- Always use the IBAN and BIC for payments within Europe