- The loan is issued in Swiss francs as an account overdraft limit on a PostFinance business account.
- The interest rate is currently 1.5% net p.a. (the Federal Department of Finance adjusts the fixed interest rate once a year on 31 March in line with market developments).
- The current COVID-19 limit can be viewed in e-finance under “Account information” in the account tile.
- The maximum amount is 10% of the applicant’s revenue, up to a limit of 500,000 francs.
- The loans granted must be repaid in full within eight years. (The COVID-19 loan can be repaid and terminated at any time before the end of the loan term).
- The first instalment must be paid by 31 March 2022. Thereafter, the COVID-19 loan must be fully amortized in quarterly linear tranches up until one semester prior to the end of the loan term (30 September 2027).
You are here:
Information about COVID-19 loans
PostFinance contributed to the Federal Council’s assistance programme in the form of COVID-19 credit limits of up to 500,000 Swiss francs. No new limits have been set since 1 August 2020. You can find information about the structure, depreciation and cancellation of the existing limits below.
The first instalment must be paid by 31 March 2022. Thereafter, the COVID-19 loan must be fully amortized in quarterly linear tranches up until one semester prior to the end of the loan term (30 September 2027).
If you are using your COVID-19 credit limit
If you are using your limit at the time of the amortization, we ask you to settle the amortization amount due on your account. Your limit will subsequently be reduced automatically.
If you are not using your COVID-19 credit limit
You are not currently using your COVID-19 loan. Your limit will be automatically reduced by the amount due at the time of amortization.
What happens if you cannot afford the amortization
Fundamentally, you must ensure that you are in a position to repay your COVID-19 loan. If you cannot afford the amortizations, the COVID-19 loan will be cancelled after a warning period. The relevant surety bond cooperative will repay the COVID-19 loan to PostFinance and as such will become the lender of the amount receivable. You will then be contacted by the relevant surety bond cooperative by a given time to determine the next steps (repayment methods etc.).
The loans granted must be repaid in full within eight years. The COVID-19 loan can be repaid and terminated at any time before the end of the loan term. The termination is irreversible.
Do you have any questions on COVID-19 bridging loans?
We would be pleased to advise you by telephone on 0848 888 900 (max. CHF 0.08/min. in Switzerland).