With a few measures, you can protect your devices from data misuse.
- Always keep your operating system and any installed apps up to date
- Use security software (e.g. virus protection)
- Always ensure there is a secure connection (https, lock icon, certificate owner, and correct domain name) before logging in.
- If you have any doubts, e.g. due to unusual error messages or system interruption, terminate the connection and get in touch with our Contact Center
- Choose a strong password (at least 12 characters) with a mix of lower and upper case letters, digits, and special characters for all login procedures, and use it only for e-finance
- Use the PostFinance App for access from your smartphone, and source your apps exclusively from authorized, reputable providers such as Google Play or Apple App Store
- Reset your device to the factory settings when you sell it or give it away, so that personal data and apps are deleted
- Avoid hotspots public WiFi – third parties could access your data
- Only use encrypted WiFi connections from carriers you trust
- Activate the device lock, do not grant access to third parties, and protect your data from prying eyes
- Always log out at the end of your e-finance session
- Check your account activity regularly – the fastest way to do this is via the App or e-finance – and contact us if you have any questions
Tip: if you enable notifications, you always stay informed about activity on your account.