E-Wallet – the digital PostFinance CardConvenient payment with your Android smartphone
Paying at the checkout is easy: activate your digital PostFinance Card in CHF in the PostFinance App and make payments conveniently with your Android smartphone at numerous contactless-enabled payment terminals in Switzerland.
- You have an NFC-enabled Android smartphone with a operating system 6.0 or newer
- You have a login for the PostFinance App
- You have a PostFinance Card in CHF
How to activate the digital PostFinance Card
- Select “Settings” in the PostFinance App
- Select “E-Wallet”
- Follow the instructions on your smartphone: Register for E-Wallet. The available cards will be displayed once you have set up E-Wallet. Click on the plus (+) symbol next to the card to activate it.
- Activate the NFC function on your smartphone
How to pay at the checkout
- Unlock the screen of your smartphone using your fingerprint, facial recognition, PIN or password
- Hold your smartphone over the contactless symbol on the payment terminal
- Confirmation of the payment will be displayed on the payment terminal
For security reasons, you may have to hold the smartphone up to the terminal a second time. Follow the instructions on your smartphone.
E-Wallet is your electronic wallet in the PostFinance App. Once you have activated your digital PostFinance Card in the E-Wallet, you can use your smartphone to pay at payment terminals.
Select “Settings” in the PostFinance App. Then select “E-Wallet”.
Follow the instructions on your smartphone: Register for E-Wallet. The available cards will be displayed once you have set up E-Wallet. Click on the plus (+) symbol next to the card to activate it.
Activate the NFC function on your smartphone.
You can activate a maximum of five cards in your E-Wallet.
You can make contactless payments at most points of sale in Switzerland. Look for the contactless symbol on the payment terminal. Please note that the digital PostFinance Card is not yet accepted nationwide.
The digital PostFinance Card uses the same security mechanisms as the physical PostFinance Card with the contactless payment function. You must always unlock your smartphone to make a payment.
Nothing. The digital PostFinance Card will continue to work.
You can deactivate the digital PostFinance Card yourself in the PostFinance App at any time. If you lose your smartphone, you can have the digital PostFinance Card deactivated by calling 0800 88 88 77 (max. CHF 0.08/min. in Switzerland). Deactivation does not restrict the use of your physical PostFinance Card in any way.
The solution is based on NFC technology, which Apple permits only for the use of its own products.
The digital PostFinance Card is a free payment solution. The purchase amounts count towards your existing withdrawal limits for the PostFinance Card in CHF.
Download the PostFinance App
Download the app from Google Play: