Are you making a start on your tax return? As a PostFinance customer, you will need some documents from us − such as an interest statement for your private or savings account, dividend statements or inpayment slips for your fixed pension plan. We explain how you can get these documents and the easiest way to find them.
Tax documents: how to find your interest statements and other documents in a flash
The irritating task of filling out your tax return comes around every year, and it always starts with the search for all the information and documents you need. In this article, find out where to find your tax documents related to your PostFinance accounts and securities.
How you receive your tax documents
The delivery method you have selected will determine whether you receive your tax documents as physical copies in the post (for a fee) or as electronic copies in e-finance.
Where to find your tax documents easily in e-finance
Our search filters in the document center in e-finance (under Documents) will help you find the documents you need quickly and easily.
Interest statement for payment and savings accounts
Select the “Taxes” category filter and you will be shown the interest statements for your accounts. You can also find the tax certificate for the retirement savings account 3a using the “Taxes” category filter. However, it will only be issued if you have paid into the retirement savings account 3a in the corresponding year.
Tax documents for investment solutions
- E-trading documents are available directly in e-trading. The tax certificate for e-trading can be issued in e-trading upon request and for a fee.
- Customers with e-asset management or investment consulting plus automatically receive their tax certificate in e-finance − likely at the end of February. The tax certificate can be accessed via “Documents” in e-finance, using the “Taxes” filter under “Category” or the “Tax documents” filter under “Type”.
- Customers with fund self-service or fund consulting basic can find more information on ordering their tax certificate and help with filling out tax details concerning funds on our “Account statement, interest statement and tax documents” summary page in the “Fund self-service and fund consulting basic tax documents” section.
Documents concerning life insurance are always sent as paper copies.
Further information and direct links to the tax documents
Our “Account statement, interest statement and tax documents” page provides an overview with more information on account statements, interest statements and tax documents. There you will find
- a direct link to the e-finance document center, where you can find tax documents for filling out your tax return (interest statement, interest overview, interest balance overview, tax certificate for the retirement savings account 3a, interest statement for credit card accounts, tax statement)
- assistance with filling out a tax return for funds
- information on tax certificates for investment products
- information on reordering account statements and interest statements
- information on ordering e-trading tax statements
Now all you need to do is enter the required information about interest, retirement savings 3a, funds, etc. in the right place on your tax return and you can relax for another year − when it comes to completing tax returns at least.