An overview of sustainable investment opportunities:
- Sustainable companies use resources in highly environmentally friendly ways and therefore also very efficiently. This often enables them to improve their performance and prospects of business success – which of course also benefits investors.
- Sustainable companies often wish to contribute to tackling the most pressing challenges of our time. Climate change, a scarcity of resources, rising energy consumption and the increasing requirements of the healthcare sector are just a few examples.
- Sustainable companies often deploy environmentally friendly technologies. This helps them to avoid the risk of environmental disaster and the resultant costs.
- These markets look set to enjoy strong growth – which in turn benefits investors.
- They give high priority to fair cooperation. For this reason, employees are usually highly motivated, and staff turnover is low. Highly qualified employees prefer to join this kind of company.