- The SEPA area covers 34 countries: the 28 EU member states as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Switzerland
- For EUR payments according to the SEPA standard, you can use the credit transfer types Giro international SEPA and SEPA Direct Debit
- SEPA payments require you to specify the IBAN and BIC
- Wherever possible, PostFinance will forward your payments as SEPA-compliant credit transfers at no additional cost
- SEPA payments in e-finance are free of charge, but some receiving banks may charge their customers a fee for credits received (this is beyond PostFinance’s control)
Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)EUR payments: fast and inexpensive
The Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) has standardized payment transactions in Europe, making transferring money easier and more transparent. Wherever possible, we will forward your payments as SEPA-compliant credit transfers – without any additional costs.