Working closely with the Confederation, we were able to quickly and easily provide our business customers with bridging loans of up to 500,000 francs, subject to certain conditions, if they found themselves facing liquidity and financing problems through no fault of their own as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
COVID-19 bridging loans
PostFinance is participating in the Federal Council’s assistance programme. The deadline to apply for the COVID-19 loan is 31 July 2020.
How are the COVID-19 loans from PostFinance organized?
- The loan is issued in Swiss francs as an account overdraft limit on a PostFinance business account
- The interest rate is currently 0.0 percent net p.a. (the Federal Department of Finance adjusts the fixed interest rate once a year on 31 March in line with market developments)
- The current COVID-19 limit can be viewed in e-finance under “Account information” in the account tile
- The maximum amount is 10 percent of the applicant’s revenue, up to a limit of 500,000 francs
- The loans provided must be repaid in full within five years (they can be extended by a maximum of two years on a one-off basis in cases of hardship)
When are COVID-19 loans not available?
- For investments in fixed assets
- For distribution of dividends and reimbursement of capital contributions
- For repayment of private/shareholder loans
Do you have any questions on COVID-19 bridging loans?
We would be pleased to advise you by telephone on 0848 888 900 (max. CHF 0.08/min. in Switzerland).